Long waits on our call lines when you are trying to address the needs of your ill child is frustrating. Our goal is to meet the needs of your child as quickly as possible. Here are some tips to help you get the information and help you need in the most efficient way.
- Our busiest call times are from 8:30am-10am each morning (especially Monday mornings). All of our nurses pitch in to help take calls during these hours, but even so, there can be a wait time. You may want to try to call our office after 10am if your child’s need is not urgent.
- If you call and hang up and try calling again, you will be placed at the back of the que. If you are able to hold, please stay on the line to avoid increasing your wait time.
- If absolutely necessary, you may leave a message with our office staff for the nurse to call you back if you cannot wait on hold. When the nurses have a free moment, they will get back with you later in the day.
- Consider checking our website www.forestviewpediatrics.com for information about taking care of common illnesses at home such as sore throat, fevers, colds, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. There is information on all these illnesses in our “For Parents” section of our web site. Many times these problems can be managed at home and do not need an appointment with a doctor. If you still have questions after reviewing the information on the web site, give us a call.
- If you have medication refill requests, we recommend calling after 10 am. Don’t forget to push option 2 for the refill request line.
We work to give all the children in our practice the best care possible and hope that when you do talk with our nurses or come in for an appointment, you feel that the care we give is top notch.